This Week's Menu

Friday, February 01, 2008

I am so happy! I am back to my habit of menu planning! I used to do it every week, and then make my list from it. But some how in the fray of the last year, I got lazy. And dinner has really suffered because of it. There is only so many times you can stand spaghetti or noodle casserole! In an attempt at accountability, I am going to start posting my menu. I don't assign meals to days- I just make a list so I have things to choose from, and then I make what strikes my fancy for the day.

  1. Lentil soup w/ ham, cornbread
  2. Greek pitas w/ yogurt, confetti rice, salad
  3. Pepper steak stir fry w/ broccoli over rice
  4. Salisbury steak over eggnoodles, greenbeans
  5. Basil tomato salmon steaks, grilled eggplant, basil & butter pasta
  6. Ginger & soy marinated pork chops, baked apples, mashed potatoes, glazed carrots
  7. TURKEY DINNER! (James LOVES doing this outside of Thanksgiving)- turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, gravy
  8. Turkey pot pie
I know there are more than 7 meals- I am planning ahead because I seldom make it to the grocery store on time. I'm working on changing that, too- but hey- one thing at a time! ;)

-Jenn

No comments: