Kids need a LOT of attention

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I have four kids, and I love every one of them. I always knew that I wanted a large family. What I am starting to realize now is how much ATTENTION they crave. I think I have figured out that a large part of Gavin's misbehavior and Abbie's whinyness (sp?) are due to wanting more of my attention. Even Trent, my 10yo, loves to hover over me and drives me NUTS. And of course 15mo Carolyn is glued to my hip or breast at all times.

I sew a lot, I goof off on the internet way more than I want to admit, and try to keep up with my WAHM biz and housework- which I am rarely successful at. I am always "busy".

I think it is starting to slowly sink in-

Nothing else matters. I have to find a new way of doing things- a new set of priorities. If you ever asked me what my priorities were, my answer would be "My family, of course!" But have I really been behaving that way- when I am constantly swatting them off of me so I can "just get this done"?

I always feel like I am running, but yet never accomplishing enough. I think it is time for me to just sit still and cuddle with my kids on the couch, or forget about laudry and take the kids to the park. Maybe today we can make a mess of the kitchen table and do a Christmas craft for the grandparents. It's time to make some memories to cherish, instead of letting it all scream by in a blur. :)

No comments: